Friends of the Mountainside Library Museum Pass Program
Do you enjoy going to museums?
Would you go to museums if they were free?
Now you can! The Friends of the Mountainside
Public Library are pleased to provide passes to outstanding museums in New Jersey and New York.
- Passes may be borrowed by Mountainside Public Library cardholders, 18 year of age or older, in good standing.
- A pass may be borrowed for 3 calendar days, no renewals will be allowed.
- Passes are available on a first come, first served basis; holds are not permitted.
- Up to (2) passes may be borrowed on a card at any given time.
- Call the library to see if a pass is available or search the library's online catalog by museum title.
- Passes must be signed out at the Circulation desk and must be returned during library hours to the library's Circulation desk to sign back in. Do not put in the book drop.
- The overdue fine for a pass is $10.00 per day. The replacement fine will be assessed for lost museum pass containers and/or museum passes returned in the book drop.
The Brooklyn Botanic Garden
1000 Washington Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11225; 718-623-7200; www.bbg.org
Two passes. One pass: admits two adults and accompanying children age 17 or younger.
Also covers: 10% museum shop discount.
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
Pier 86, W. 46th St., New York, NY 10036-4103; 877-957-7447 or 212-245-0072; www.intrepidmuseum.org
One pass: admits 2 adults and 2 children under 18 and a discount for additional guests.
Grants free access to the Intrepid Museum, Space Shuttle Pavilion, and the submarine, Growler. Also access to the express, Members-only admission line. Discounted guest tickets: $18 adult, $13 child. 10% discount on Family Memberships for library patrons. 10% off in museum gift shop (onsite day-of visit only).
Liberty Hall Museum at Kean University - Temporarily Unavailable
1003 Morris Avenue, Union, NJ 07083; 908-527-0400; kean.edu/libertyhall
Four passes. One pass admits 2 adults and 2 children.
The museum is open for tours April - December with limited tour offerings January through March. The museum tour schedule is Wednesdday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Liberty Science Center
222 Jersey City Boulevard, Jersey City, NJ 07305; 201-200-1000; www.lsc.org.
Liberty Science Center does not supply passes to public libraries, You may receive a 10% discount on all memberships by showing your library card at the Box Office, or a $3.00 discount on admission. The discount applies to any of the three levels of admission; Science Center, Combination Pass, and All-Access Pass. One discount per library card.
Montclair Art Museum
3 South Mountain Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042; 973-746-5555; www.montclairartmuseum.org.
Two passes. One pass: admits two adults and children.
6 Normandy Heights Road, Morristown, NJ 07960; 973-971-3700; www.morrismuseum.org.
One pass: admits two adults and up to three children. Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Newark Museum of Art
49 Washington Street, Newark, NJ 07102; 973-596-6550; www.newarkmuseum.org.
Two passes. One pass: admits two adults. Children are always free.
The museum is open 4 days a week, Thursday through Sunday. 10% discount in the Museum shop.
*Storm King Art Center - Temporarily Unavailable
1 Museum Road, New Windsor, NY 12553; 845-534-3115; www.stormking.org.
Two passes. One pass: admits two adults and up to 4 children under age 18. Closed on Tuesdays.
Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center
8 Quarry Drive (on the campus of Montclair State University), Little Falls, NJ 07424; 973-655-2378; www.yogiberramuseum.org.
One pass: admits two adults and any number of children.